If my child support supposedly ends because my daughter turns 18 but she sign up for high school and she had a part time job, can this be stopped? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2017

My daughter turned 18 last November 2016, which should have ended child support. But she signed her up for high school for only part time for two more years so I have to pay child support. The daughter also works for as an Administrative Assistant while attending high school only part time. Something is wrong here, I would say that, one she is earning money, and attending high school part time so I have to keep sending child support.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
As long as a child is in high school (up to the age of 21) a parent has to pay support. Clearly, if she is enrolled part time the school must allow that. There are many high school programs that are geared at giving students some work experience by reducing their course load and requiring them to work part time.The fact that a child is working part time does not impact the support obligation.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/19/2017
Click to View More Answers: