If my child is 5 years old and his father is deceased am I entitled to the SS benefits? 7 Answers as of May 01, 2014

Went to our local social security office and they would NOT help me.

I think so if he is the legal father, then yes. Get a Social Security lawyer to help you.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Yes there must be some benefits and the child is entitled to it
Law Office of Brent R. Chipman
Law Office of Brent R. Chipman | Brent R. Chipman
If you were married to the father or if paternity can be established through a court proceeding, and if the father was covered under Social Security, you should be eligible to receive survivor benefits for the child. It would be important to file a claim with the Social Security Administration as soon after the death of the father as practical.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
You can apply on line.
You making absolutely no sense, we cannot guess what you are asking. Are you trying to ask if you are entitled to your child's deceased fathers benefits? Where you married, where you married over 10 years, and are you of retirement age. Or where you just simply receiving a dependency benefit from social security for the child, i.e. child support dependency benefit? If that is it then, NO, once he passes so does the benefit.
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    The child is entitled to social security benefits through the father if he was the child's legal father (you were married to him, he is named on the birth certificate or a court gave him rights/responsibilities to the child). If none of these are the case, then it will be very difficult to prove he was the father.
    You are not, your child may be. You probably need to bring in a birth certificate showing that he was the father and file a claim on your child's behalf.