If my child is 16 and pregnant do I still have to pay child support? 7 Answers as of March 28, 2016

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
Pregnancy is not an emancipation event, even though once the baby is born, she can demand child support from the father. Other facts surrounding the pregnancy may or may not be considered an emancipation event. Proceed very carefully or you may have a problem.
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If a court ordered you to, you do. The fact she is pregnant is irrelevant.
You have to do what the most recent court order requires you to do. If you want to do something different, you must move the Court for an order modifying the prior Order or Judgment. Her being pregnant does, or could, bring in the father, who can be required to pay for lying-in expenses and child support, and may be entitled to periods of temporary placement with the child. Good Luck p.s. As a piece of unsolicited advice, let me urge you not to distance yourself from your daughter just because she is pregnant. This is the time when women most need attention and support.
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
Your 16 year old child being pregnant would not be sufficient by itself to excuse you from paying support. However, if your child moved from home and was self supporting you may have a claim.