If my chapter 7 is discharged and closed can I sell my house? 9 Answers as of March 30, 2016

Also can we keep our tax refund we still have 4 kids to raise?

David R. Fondren, Attorney at Law
David R. Fondren, Attorney at Law | David R. Fondren
Discharge is half of the goal. The second is whether the trustee has filed his report of no assets to liquidate. Has he done that yet? Check with your attorney. Trustees normally don't mail copies of the report to debtors.
Yes and yes. When the case closes it is over. (unless you inherit something within 6 months of date you filed - that you have to report).
If the Chapter 7 is discharged and closed, then you can sell your house IF you pay off the mortgage(s) and other liens. If you can't pay them off, you need to speak with your lender about a short sale.
Without looking at your file, I would answer "yes" and "yes".
Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
Yes. Once your case is closed the court no longer has jurisdiction over your assets.
    You are welcome to sell your house if your bankruptcy is closed. You are able to retain your future tax refunds if your bankruptcy is closed, provided your trustee did not demand it and you disclosed this asset in your bankruptcy filing. Not sure why having 4 kids is something that makes any difference to the bankruptcy court.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    Depends on what trustee said.
    So long as you have exempted all the equity in your home so.that the trustee has no claim.on it-you can sell it. Similarly if the trustee makes no claim on your tax refund, and you have exempted it, it's all yours. It would really help for you to have a skilled bankruptcy lawyer. Good Luck.