If my boyfriend marries me, will I still be able to get my greencard? 7 Answers as of June 26, 2013

I am asking this question I came up on j1 visa - 2year rule dont apply to me, I overstayed 3months now, my boyfriend marries me and may lose his job. Will I still be able to get my greencard? He is a Jamaican but has us citizenship. We love each other, just dont know what to do if that happens, his boss told him that they are closing down the office he is working now. So he should start to seek new employment.

You will need a co-sponsor.
From the limited facts you have told me you should be eligible for a green card but I would prefer to review the actual documents and have a formal consultation before advising on your particular case
Yes, he can petition for you, but will need a joint sponsor for another affidavit of support.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Yes, as long as the 2 year rule does not apply, you can still apply for your Adjustment. You may need a Joint "financial" sponsor also.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes. You would just need a co-sponsor.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Your boy friend can petition you for permanent resident status (green card). You are eligible regardless of your current immigration status because you came legally to the U.S. If he looses his job, he will just need to find another person who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and has sufficient income to sign an affidavit of support in addition to your boyfriend.
    Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
    Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
    To sponsor u on for i864 he needs to have a job