If my boyfriend is from Ghana and he's wanting to come to the US what is the process of sending an invitation? 3 Answers as of September 03, 2014

We are wanting to getting married and for him to become a US citizen. What steps must we take for him to get here to the US and also the steps to getting an invitation and or visa again I'm in TN and he's in Ghana.

He is probably not going to be able to get a visitor's visa to come to the US because he will be presumed to have immigrant intent. However, if you go and meet him in Ghana or elsewhere you can then petition for him as your fiance if your intent is to get married. Once the petition is approved, he will then be able to get a fiance visa to come to the US, get married to you and then apply for his green card. Once he is a green card for a requisite period of time, he will be able to apply for US citizenship.
Get him a fiance visa.
If your intent is to marry, you will need to request a fiance visa on his behalf. He cannot come to the United States with a tourist visa when his intent is to seek permanent residence. Assuming the petition you file is approved, your boyfriend would apply for a fiance visa. He would have 90 days from the date of entry to marry you. After marriage, he would request an adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident.