If my boyfriend and I have signed an apartment lease through July and he just moved out, is he responsible for his half? 5 Answers as of December 04, 2013

I cannot take in a roommate. I have a young child and would never allow a stranger to live with us. Problem is, he just lost his job but does have some monies in accounts to be able to pay his half.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Yes but if he doesn't pay you will be evicted. The landlord is entitled to the full rent and it doesn't matter who pays it.
Yes he is, but trying to get him to pay is problematic. Is he the father? You could ask the court to order him to pay child support.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
In the same way that you would be responsible if you moved out and left him holding the bag. If you pay, you can sue him for his share.
Dessy & Dessy, a Professional Corporation | Ronald D. Dessy
You are each liable to the landlord for the full lease payments, but your boyfriend would be liable to you, to the extent you advanced payment of his half of the rent payable pursuant to the arrangement between the two of you.
Law Office of James A. Anton | James Anton
You are both responsible for the payment of the balance of the lease. If he does not pay then you can sue him for his half.