If my attorney is not working for me, what can I do? 1 Answers as of August 07, 2017

I paid my attorney a $10,000 retainer up front. 9 months later he has failed to show me a detailed statement and where he is at with my defense. My attorney recently asked for $10,000 more for a trial retainer. When I told he I couldn't afford anymore he turned in withdraw. A week later contacts me just days before hearing by phone saying he's willing to be court appointed. During the hearing by phone my attorney tells the judge that the defense I'm trying to get him to represent me with goes against his beliefs. I was sick hearing what he had said. He had never even let me know he felt this way. The judge denied the attorneys withdraw, since he has only tried to scare me into a plea the prosecution has offered. I'm scared having someone like this represent me.

Report him to the state Bar Association. What he has been doing is not permitted. He is required to give you a detailed statement of his spending on your behalf. In addition, he is required to keep you informed of the case status.