If my abusive husband won the case, is there anything else I can do? 5 Answers as of November 01, 2013

My husband abused me for years with my kids and neighbors as witnesses. I finally got the courage to leave him. I filed for a divorce. Due to bad counsel, which was all I could afford, he won. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
No one wins in a divorce , so you need to be more specific as to what happened.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 11/1/2013
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
File an appeal.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 11/1/2013
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
What precisely did he win? Does he now have sole custody?
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/1/2013
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser
Warner Center Law Offices of Donald F. Conviser | Donald F. Conviser
What do you mean:? "he won"? What did he win and what did you lose? If your lawyer committed malpractice, you should consult with a legal malpractice lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/1/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Ask another attorney to look at the case immediately. I doubt that you will have a basis for appeal, but I don't know the facts and there may be something that was done incorrectly by the court. However, you need to do that immediately.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 11/1/2013
Click to View More Answers: