If my 2 years old son nearly drown in hotel pool, they keep the door propped open it was all on hotel camera, can I sue them? 3 Answers as of October 09, 2017

My boyfriend and I work at the same hotel I been there for 4 years and he has been there like a year and a half. On July 11, 2017 we as the same as any other day, I got to work at 3 p.m. he leaves at 3 p.m. sense the kids (3 boys) were on summer vacation they ride to work with me and then ride home with dad because they are far too young to stay home alone. This particular day when I arrived to work dad was finishing up fixing an AC in one of the hotel rooms so I told kids to come inside. My 7 and 8 years old sat in the lobby and watched cartoons while my 2 years old would be behind the front desk and locked door with me until dad was ready to go. In the back room of the front desk there is a TV so I put a cartoon on for my 2 years old as I seen a guest walk in to be checked in. I walk from the back office to front desk and start checking him in at that time I seen my 8 years old get up in the lobby and walk to the locked back office door, he knows the code to unlock the door so he came in and grabbed his bag of chips and went back out to the lobby, after I finished with the guest I thought how quiet my 2 years old was being and thought maybe he fell asleep sense he did not nap that day. As I walk around the corner to the back office I immediately see the door cracked and thought my older son must not of shit it all the way, nowhere was my 2 years old so I took off running because sense I started working at this hotel 4 years ago management for some reason keeps the big glass door to the pool area propped open, with a rubber door stop. As I am running down the hall I hear screaming I turn the corner and a 12 year old boy I have never met is coming towards me with my blue lifeless, limp 2 years old in his arms, my heart drops but I know I have to perform CPR my child after a few minutes of performing CPR with the help of a hotel guest his color starts coming back and he starts this gurgled crying. Ambulance arrives and take him to ER my son wouldn't open his eyes until the very next day.

The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
That was a terrible ordeal! You have my sympathies. Your acting quickly saved you child's life. The danger in near-drowning is brain damage short of death. Is there any indication of brain compromise in your son now? Is he displaying any behavioral abnormalities, visual or hearing problems, anything? If so, then this matter is certainly worth discussing from a legal standpoint, and may very well be pursuable.
Not in my opinion. I think they would blame you for not controlling your child.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
I would say you have a case for negligence.