If the judge gives me an ACD will my case be on my record forever? 6 Answers as of July 05, 2011

I went to court and the judge gave me an ACD. Does that stay on my record forever? Will it effect the way I get into college or a job?

If you also obtained Youthful Offender Treatment the ACOD should be sealed and then expunged. If you did not get Youthful Offender treatment you should hire an attorney to try to expunge it if it is not already expunged.
If you got an ACD you will not have a record or criminal conviction, but the police will see it and the judges and prosecutors will not be happy if you get in trouble again.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
You need to consult with your attorney who was there with you in court on this question.
If you received an ACD, your case will be dismissed after 6 months or 1 year if you are not rearrested for anything new. While the arrest record will remain for an internal check by the courts, it will not likely show up on an outside check. Even if it does show up, you can still claim you've never been convicted of a crime. In fact, I tell my clients they can say they've never been arrested with an ACD. Good luck.
I will assume that you are over 18 years of age. The charges against you will get dismissed. You will have no criminal record. However, the police and the district attorney will always know that you were arrested, what the charge was, and how it was dismissed. That record will exist forever.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    It will be dismissed and sealed in 6 months (1 year if marijuana case) if you don't get arrested again.