If I've been here all my life since I was 1, I went to school here, graduated and everything, how can I get legalized? 9 Answers as of August 07, 2013

Could me and my wife do it or is there a faster way? Please help.

Law Office of Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales | Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales
You should consult with an immigration attorney who can assess your situation and determine if you are eligible for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). This law allows certain individuals who entered the US without inspection ("undocumented") as children, earned a High School diploma or GED, among other requirements, to stay in the US for 2 years without fear of deportation they can get a social security #, work authorization, travel authorization, and go to college. This benefit may be renewable at the end of the second year. Marriage to a US citizen doesn't make things easier for these individuals because the 10-year bar continues to be in effect.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
You did not provide sufficient information for me or anyone to make a determination of your eligibility for adjustment of status. Please consult with an experienced immigration lawyer and provide such attorney all of the documentary and other information about you and your spouse.
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. He/she would then be in a better position to analyze your case, advise you of your options and, if possible, make sure that the necessary paperwork and documentation is presented so as not to delay the process.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
It depends. Much more information is needed.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Talk to an immigration attorney about Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals - DACA.
    Katherine Mulvany-Chance, Esq.
    Katherine Mulvany-Chance, Esq. | Katherine Mulvany-Chance
    Hello! There are a couple of ways you can legalize, and there have been quite a few developments in the legal area of immigration. However, to find out exactly what you are eligible for, an in depth consultation and analysis will help!
    Law Office of Rebecca White
    Law Office of Rebecca White | Rebecca White
    The answer will depend upon how you entered the US. You can likely qualify for DACA, but may be able to skip that if your wife is a US citizen and you qualify to adjust in the US.
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP
    Immigration Law Offices, LLP | Fakhrudeen Hussain
    If your wife is a US citizen she can petition for you, if you initially entered the country with a visa, you can apply for Green Card along with the petition. If you were under 31 years of age on 06/15/12 and you have graduated from high school, you can apply for DACA Differed action for high school graduates.
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
    Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
    If you entered the country legally and are married to a US citizen, your wife can petition for you on form I-130 and you can apply for adjustment of status concurrently on form I-485. If you entered the country illegally and are married to a US citizen, your wife can still petition for you on form I-130 but you will need to apply for a provisional waiver on form I-601A (for unlawful presence in the US of 6 months or more) and get it approved before you can apply for an immigrant visa at the US consulate in your home country. If you were under 31 years of age on June 15, 2012 and have graduated from high school or are currently enrolled in school, you may qualify for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals which would grant you a temporary work permit that you could renew every 2 years. The application is filed on form I-821D.