If injured in another state, do you have to be represented by an attorney in that state? 1 Answers as of November 29, 2012

Injured while on vacation in Hawaii at a Marriott Resort, I live in California.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
If you want a California attorney to represent you in court, that attorney will either have to be licensed in Hawaii as well, OR can file a motion to be able to appear for that one case. If the case can be settled without Court, there is no need to have an attorney in Hawaii to deal with the insurance company. However, if anything needs court approval, you will either have to hire an attorney in Hawaii to handle that part, or your attorney can arrange that, or your attorney can be admitted for that one case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 11/29/2012
Click to View More Answers: