If I’m in probation and I filed a false report, will I get in trouble or sent to jail? 1 Answers as of March 14, 2017

After our business dinner ended at his friend’s home, I didn't want to go home because he was dropping me of first. I don’t know why. His friends said it's cool to take us home and after we dropped them off, he said that he is taking me home. I asked why and who is he seeing. I told him that if he’s seeing someone then I am too. He slammed on the breaks and he started to step on the gas. He went into an alley and the mud was wet so he lost control. He hit a wall and crashed his mom’s car. He basically almost broke my pinky. No guy should ever get mad and now he said to lie to his parents and mine saying it was a hit and run. Our parents called the cops to file the accident about the drunk driver and then after that, it's was good and at night my boyfriend told me he told the truth to her mom and the cop. Now, the cop gave him a court date and a citation. Then the cops came right now and told me why I lie to him and his parents and my parents. I told him everything and now he said he's going to give a report to the probation.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Anyone who files a false police report in California is guilty of a misdemeanor with a potential jail sentence of up to one year. The fact that you're on probation also makes this approbation violation, which could add extra time to your jail sentence. Time to hire an attorney and maybe find a new boyfriend.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: