If I'm applying for green card through mariage but my wife does not have 125% income of poverty line, can I use my own income in addition to hers? 9 Answers as of December 11, 2013

I have a student F1 visa but worked for all these years anyway, also filed and paid taxes. Would it matter? Thank you in advance.

Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
The better approach would be for your wife to find another person (being a US citizen or legal resident) to join with her to file the Form I-864 as a co-sponsor. Such person can be a friend, relative or co-worker or neighbor; does not have to be a member of your household. Such person can be residing in any state in United States and does not necessarily be residing in the same state with you and your spouse.
Yes, you can use your income and also you can get another person who is a US citizen or US permanent resident (friend, relative, neighbor, co worker) to act as a joint sponsor for affidavit of support purposes.
You cannot use income from employment that was not authorized. The instructions explain how the alien's income can be used.
Nachman Phulwani Zimovcak (NPZ) Law Group, P.C. | David Nachman
There are several alternatives available to you. If "assets" do not work for your spouse then you will want to get a co-sponsor.
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Yes, your income can be considered as part of the I-864.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    You cannot use your income because you were not authorized to work. You will need an additional affidavit by a co-sponsor who can account for the required income.
    You are in a bit of a mess. In their minds, you cannot afford to be here. If you tell them you have been breaking the law by working, you could open yourself to big problems. Although quite frankly, they will probably find out as soon as you apply.
    Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
    Only if you have employment authorization from USCIS, such as a current work visa or EAD.