If I was served with divorce papers by my ex-fiancé who is requesting spousal support but we are not married, what is the best course of action? 2 Answers as of October 25, 2017

I was served with divorce papers by my ex-fiancé who is requesting spousal support, she was brought here on a fiancé visa and we have since separated, her temporary visa is expired and we never did a court marriage here. She is attempting to stay in the US on my dime.

Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
file a response which will state you are not married. Don't ignore it because otherwise the court won't know that you are not married and might make orders which need to be set aside. That will cost more time and money than filing a response.
If you were validly married in another jurisdiction based upon their specific laws, California will honor that marriage.