If I was robbed and have reported it to the police, what more can I do at this point? 4 Answers as of August 21, 2014

Last week, an employee of mine had a flat tire and asked to borrow my car to get his spare tire and I let him. In the short amount of time he borrowed it, I believe he cased it. Sunday night at 3:13 AM while I was at work, I looked out the window to see a brick being thrown through my car window. I saw two of my employees break in it before I ran down the stairs and out the door. I heard them while in the stairwell, " we've got to hurry, he's coming, did you get it we've got to go". When I opened the door, I saw them get into the car and peal away. They had popped the trunk and stolen my safe that was in the trunk wrapped in blankets. Nothing else was touched or taken including jewelry, bags full of clothes and valuables. The whole thing took 20 seconds. The police are waiting for fingerprints to be analyzed. I described the two and gave their names. I told them exactly what they were driving. The safe had $4,000.00 in it. The car was found at their home and the brick they threw matches exactly to the pile they have next to their porch and it's noticeable that one is missing. What more can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Keep in contact with the police and cooperate with them.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/21/2014
Dennis John Woods, Attorney at Law | Dennis John Woods
At this point nothing. It will investigated, they will be arrested, the case will go to the prosecutor, there will be a preliminary hearing, then a trial and away these absolute idiots will go. They might be able to do a plea bargain but you'll be in on that and you must require complete restitution.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/12/2014
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It appears there is much evidence against these people. The.police should investigate, go to prosecutor for warrant. Eventually, prosecutor will contact you or someone from that office. At times victim witness coordinator. If not happy with the progress, call and speak to supervisor at police station.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/11/2014
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Nothing except make an insurance claim. The prosecutor should be contacting you.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: