If I was recently arrested for having a small amount of meth on me, how much time will I serve in prison for this? 5 Answers as of August 07, 2015

I got pulled over because I had a pipe, a small amount of meth and pseudoephedrine on me. I was put in jail and was able to make bail the next day. What will with my case now? We went to court and the DA tried to charge me for possession.

"Tried to charge you"? All the DA has to do is: (1) present the case to the grand jury; or (2) file an accusation. So, the prosecutor does not need to "try" and charge anyone. YOU ARE CHARGED. Because you have a drug problem, it does not matter whether you do the 2-3 years for possession now, or in 18 months after you violate your probation. You should plan on spending 2-3 years in prison.
I suspected the DA has charged with possession and there is a potential, dependent upon any number of circumstances, that there could be some jail or prison time.
That really depends on how good your lawyer is.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
Up to 1 year. Eligible for DEJ.
What state? It all depends on state, prosecutor and your record.