If I was ordered to pay child support through court but my ex never enforced it, can he go back and try to get the child support cause he's mad now? 2 Answers as of May 22, 2014

Yes. I have represented a client from a divorce case from the '80's where the father came back into the child's life and messed up the child's stability over a decade after the divorce. We successfully pursued the old Child Support payments that were over a decade old, but unpaid. Unless you have proof of payment or proof of an agreement that the opposing party agreed to waive the payments, I would think any Judge in Alabama would enforce the CS obligation. You may be able to negotiate some settlement with the opposing party that is less than the entire amount due.
D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC
D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC | Randy Phillips
Yes. The child support was a court order. It doesn't matter if your ex-spouse enforced it or not.