If I was a lookout when my friend took a Halloween decoration off someone's lawn, will I go to jail? 7 Answers as of October 20, 2014

It's a misdemeanor. What am I looking at if I was charged with possession of stolen property?

Gorman Law Group, P.C. | Troy T. Gorman
You have been charged with a "misdemeanor", which is a crime less than a felony. Most misdemeanors allow the Court to include less than 1 year of jail time when sentencing a defendant, after they plead guilty or are convicted of the crime by a judge or jury. The level of maliciousness (from a judge's perspective) and a prior record can lead a judge to issue such jail time. However, assuming a typical Halloween decoration without a prior conviction, an experienced attorney would likely be able to convince a prosecutor to reduce the charge and waive any jail time, or convince a judge not to issue jail time as part of the sentence. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
All depends on your prior record, age, if working or in school, the victims statement on sentencing can all be considered. Of course the prosecutor is a key person, too.
Yes, you can be charged as an accessory. That puts you on the hook just the same as the principal actor.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Aiding a crime is charged the same as the crime itself. Whether or not you will go to jail depends on your record and the quality of your lawyer!
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
It is impossible to predict what type of sentence you could receive. Likewise, it is unclear exactly what you are being charged with. The sentence will likely depend on exactly what you are being charged with and what your criminal history looks like. As a misdemeanor, you may be able to avoid jail and just have to pay a fine, but without knowing the exact charge and your history, it is impossible to predict.