If I was involved in a hit and run accident and called the police and it’s a company truck how do I get the insurance info? 16 Answers as of January 13, 2013

Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
Did you get the name of the company? There are companies who can look up insurance policies covering people and I believe companies. If there was a police report written and you have the name of the company you could write to the company and explain and tell them you want that information. They might ignore it, but they also might actually comply. If the damage was extensive enough (i believe over $750) you are supposed to report it to the DMV anyhow. That might get action.
Shean Law
Shean Law | John Shean
Telephone call, letter or in-person visit.
Law Office of Malosack Berjis
Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
Assuming that you (or a witness who gave a statement to the police) were able to get the other car's license plate number, then you or your attorney, if you are represented by counsel should request a copy of the police/Sheriff/CHP/ report from the agency who responded to the accident. And, said report should include the insurance information for the other car.
From someone in the company office? I don't know just a guess!
Send a letter to the Company.
    Sooner or later there will be an accident report if the hit and run driver is caught. The computer ought to have the report in your name and his name.
    If you know the name of the company, call them and ask for it. If they will not give it to you, file a lawsuit and you can get it in discovery procedures in the lawsuit. If you have no idea who hit you, there is really no way that I know of to find out if the police do not solve eh hit and run case. In that event, you would have to file a claim on your uninsured motorist coverage.
    Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, PLLC | Richard Johnson
    Talk to your company HR person. I suspect you were injured in the course of your employment, so it is likely, then, that you are covered by Industrial Insurance / Work Comp.
    From the driver of the truck, or from the police report.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
    Call an attorney.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    Contact the company.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    I assume you are the victim. If the police find the driver they will get the insurance information. If they don't you should make a claim through your uninsured motorist coverage.
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
    Report the accident to your employer who in turn should report it to its insurance company. It does not matter if you were acting within the course and scope at the time or were off the clock. Try to secure a copy of the police report, as well. It is not required to make the report your employer or to its carrier. But, at some point in time the carrier will want it to verify it was a hit and run incident. If you received personal injuries you make a claim under your employer's policy for uninsured motorist. It may overlap with a workers compensation claim, but the two can proceed simultaneously.
    Maurice L. Abarr  Lawyer, Inc.
    Maurice L. Abarr Lawyer, Inc. | Maurice L. Abarr
    If you have identity of the hit and run company truck, contact company for their insurance. If you have no ID, then you can only pursue an Uninsured Motorist claim under your own insurance policy.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Hire an attorney.