If I was injured on a bus in Illinois, is there anything I can do? 3 Answers as of January 07, 2011

What can I do now? I was injured on a public bus during rush hour last week. There was standing room only when the bus driver very quickly stopped at a red light. I was holding onto the overhead rail, but I fell and have a nasty cut on my head and an ankle sprain. I was taken to the hospital but released. Several other passengers fell to the ground with me.

Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
In Illinois, a public bus is a "common carrier" and therefore an increased duty of care to be free from negligence applies to it. I would suggest you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney so he/she can start protecting your rights immediately. I would strongly suggest you photograph your injuries as well.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
You might have a lawsuit, and you should retain a lawyer to represent your interests. My firm has substantial experience in personal injury actions, and we would be glad to speak with you about your case.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
You have a cause of action against driver and bus owner(City). Buses are common carriers and owe the highest duty of care to passengers under common carrier liability.