If I was injured during a hit and run that happened, can I sue for personal injuries? 13 Answers as of August 11, 2015

My car was side-swiped and the driver drover off but witnesses were able to describe the vehicle and the driver was apprehended. I have visited the doctor and have whiplash as well as abrasions to my face and arms. Could I go forward with a case, and who should be sued?

You can sue the other driver (and owner if different).
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
At the outset, the main question is whether your injuries meet the Michigan threshold. That is they have to be severe enough, in terms of affecting your life. This matter needs to be fully discussed, to see if you meet the threshold.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
You do have a claim for your personal injury. You would pursue your uninsured motorist coverage with your auto.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Absolutely. Contact a local personal injury attorney ASAP.
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
Yes you can make a personal injury claim and recover so long as the other driver has insurance or you are covered by uninsured motorist coverage.
    Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.
    Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C. | Tanya Gendelman, Esq.
    Yes you can file a claim against responsible party.
    Goodgame Law, LLC
    Goodgame Law, LLC | Jeffrey L Goodgame
    You should consult an injury attorney. The at-fault driver's insurance would pay for the damages. If the driver is uninsured then your insurance would pay out of your under insured motorist coverage.
    You should retain a personal injury attorney to handle the matter. Your first action is to file a claim against his insurance company.
    You are entitled to recover for all of the injuries and damages which you can prove resulted from the accident.
    "Whiplash" is not an injury, it is a mechanism for an injury. You have to have a "serious injury" as that term is defined by law in order to pursue a lawsuit. Thousands of pages of legal analysis have been written about what constitutes a "serious injury", so I can't go into it here. Since the driver was apprehended, that's who you sue, together with the vehicle's owner and if he/she was in the course of employment, the employer as well.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    You may have a claim against the driver that caused the accident. If the driver that caused the accident has no insurance (which may be possible since the driver left the scene of the accident) it may be possible to make a claim under your insurance policy (Uninsured Motorist Coverage) to receive compensation for your injuries.