If I was in a car accident and the total liability on the other party's policy was $100k, is this the max I can get from the insurance company? 5 Answers as of August 31, 2015

Yes. However, if your injuries exceed that amount, you should obtain an asset search to see if the other party has sufficient assets from which to make a contribution.
That would be a yes.
WEISSMAN LAW FIRM
WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
Normally, the maximum the insurance company is required to pay is the stated policy limit. There are exceptions but it depends on how the litigation is conducted. Ask if there is excess insurance or an umbrella policy. If it exists it is additional insurance for the loss. You may also investigate whether the responsible party has assets. If there are then there might be the opportunity to collect on a judgment should that amount be more than the policy limit.
Briny Woods
Briny Woods | Briny Woods
The answer is a little more complex. We need to know how many people were involved in the accident including the other car. Also, was it a 100/300 policy or 50/100 policy?
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
That would be a yes.