If I was hurt because a bus driver was negligent, is there anything I can do legally? 10 Answers as of May 27, 2015

I was riding a bus home, and there was standing room only left. All of the sudden, the bus driver stopped at a red light quickly. I was holding onto the overhead rail, but I still fell and have a nasty cut on my cheek, sprained my wrist and hurt my knee. I was taken to the hospital but released. Several other passengers fell to the ground with me. What can I do legally?

Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
You can make a claim on your own.. Gather the medical bills and medical records and any other documentation that supports what you are asking for in compensation. You might also have a limited time to pursue your claim so don't dawdle. Or you can hire an attorney. Good luck.
I said before that this is complicated and that you need to consult with a lawyer.
It sounds to me like the bus driver was negligent. You can make a claim against the bus insurance policy. Consider consulting an experienced injury lawyer. Good luck.
You can notify the bus company, in a writing, of the event and the place and time, and your losses. They will send it to their insurer, and very likely you can work out a settlement. If you can't, you can sue. If the bus company is owned by the municipality, you may have to file a formal notice of claim and claim within 120 days of the event. You might want to consult a personal injury lawyer. Good luck.
See prior answer to your question. As you have given more details, you should see some local personal injury attorneys to see what they think your case might be worth?
    You have the right to bring a claim; consult with a local personal injury lawyer right away.
    Fist, file a no-fault claim. That will take care of your medical bills and time out of work, if any. Then, call a personal injury lawyer in your area. You will have to show that you have a 'serious injury" as that term is defined by law, and there may be severe time restrictions in which to file a claim, so do so right away.
    You may have a potential cause of action for your injuries and should make a claim to the operator of the bus line. If you get no satisfaction you might wish to engage an attorney.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    It would be possible to investigate whether a claim could be made against the bus company, but you should do so quickly, since you have a limited amount of time to file a claim, and there may be a special time limit for the bus company involved.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    You can try to find a personal injury lawyer who might be willing to represent you in your case against the bus company. You have three years from the date of your injury in which to file a lawsuit.