If I was hit in Oregon by a driver that is uninsured, what can I do now? 2 Answers as of March 10, 2011

Our car is totaled because we were rear-ended at a traffic light in Eugene. My wife, who is pregnant, was taken to the hospital by ambulance because we thought she was going into labor. Now we are both getting physical therapy. The driver did not have insurance on the vehicle, and the car is registered to his mother. What can we do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC
Law Office of Travis Prestwich, PC | Travis Prestwich
You may have a claim against the owner of the car. Also, your auto insurance likely has protection against uninsured drivers that would benefit you. Due to some very strict requirements for the insurance, it would be best to speak to an attorney as soon as possible so as to not forfeit your rights.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/10/2011
Harris Law Firm
Harris Law Firm | Paul Vames
If you have "uninsured motorist" coverage through your own insurance carrier, simply contact your agent and open a claim. If not, you can make a demand on the driver who hit you or bring suit against him. Your ability to recover will rest on the uninsured driver's financial ability to satisfy a judgment. Better yet, take your concerns to a competent personal injury attorney for an evaluation of your situation.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: