If I was fired from a job due to a phobia, could this be discrimination? 7 Answers as of August 11, 2015

I was fired from a truck driving job due to a phobia of driving in the mountains. I suffered panic attacks and severe anxiety. When I admitted this and asked not to be sent into the mountains again, I was let go. Could this be considered discrimination?

Law Office of Nathan Wagner
Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
This might be discrimination, but it depends upon the details of your situation. One important detail is whether your employer could have accommodated your disability by assigning you to a route that did not require you to drive through the mountains. You should talk with a lawyer who specializes in wrongful termination and discrimination cases.
Behren Law Firm
Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
Could be an ADA violation.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You would have to see a psychiatrist to determine if it is a disability. It won't help you with the previous company, but could help you in the future. It is also a safety risk for you and potential employers.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
It depends on many factors so contact an attorney.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know the answer to your question. You should consult with an attorney that handles discrimination cases I do not. Not all discrimination is illegal.