If I was falsey accused will I get compensated for legal fees? 13 Answers as of September 18, 2013

Let's say I'm falsely accused and hire an attorney. If the court realizes I had nothing to do with the crime will I be compensated for attorney's fees? Or would I have do I have to file my own lawsuit for that?

You would have to file your own lawsuit. SO, you better home you are not in jail from the false accusations.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
It is very difficult to recoup your attorney fees. It is not enough to show you were falsely accused. You must show the police and prosecutor engaged in egregious intentional misconduct. If they simply made a mistake, you have no claim for fees.
No you do not get compensated for the legal fees. You would have to sue the person that lied about you.
You would not be compensated by the court. You would have to file a lawsuit against your accuser in order to get you attorney fees and any other expenses back.
You cannot collect legal fees, suing will not change that.
    Stop dreaming my friend.
    Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
    If you were falsely accused and were able to prove it, then you would have to independently file a civil suit to recover legal fees.
    No you won't be compensated. As far as an action on your own, even that may not fly. The only person who you might have a cause of action against is the accuser (not the police or prosecutor).
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
    You can sue for false arrest if the facts are on your side and if you can get a lawyer to take the case. That is not easy to do and it takes a certain set of facts to be able to collect, usually time spent in jail.
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
    It is highly unlikely you will ever recover fees from anyone unless an individual accused you and has the ability to pay. You will have to sue on your own.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Own lawsuit.