If I was falsely billed for medical assistance, will this affect my immigration papers? 1 Answers as of July 29, 2011

My Friend was visiting San Francisco on vacation back in the spring 2011. She became ill and was told she needed to go to hospital. She received only 1 bill for $553.00 and she paid it in full. Today she received a call from Swiss bill collector saying she needed to pay over $11,000 for her hospital visit. Call was first contact, she never received this bill. They told her if she didn't pay within a week they would make sure she could never again go to USA. Can the bill collector make this type of problem for her and block her from coming to USA? What can we do to make sure she will have no immigration/customs issues on her next visit? She has tried to call Switzerland but no one can speak to her in her language and no one is willing to help. They say it is not their problem that she never received a bill and that the only way to resolve is to pay. I have tried to call on her behalf but they will only speak with her. I believe she has been taken advantage of for being a vulnerable foreign woman who was sick and did not have options. The doctors must have thought that she was an easy mark and rang her up with a number of unnecessary and costly tests that she did not request or require. Her hospital stay was only for hours and not days. Can we dispute these costs? Can we delay them from blocking her at least a few months so she can go to San Francisco and solve this face to face? Over the phone and mail is not working. I am very worried about my friend. Any answers or direction would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea how to proceed.

Private debts has no effect on immigration issues unless it is government money