If I was falsely accused of hitting a car and they submitted a claim to my car insurance company, can I sue the person that filled the claim? 1 Answers as of March 07, 2017

I was notified today that someone has submitted a claim to my car insurance company that I hit their car on Christmas Day. My car was parked in my garage (which is attached to my home) the entire day. They claim a male was driving the vehicle, assuming it was my father. My father, who lives in other state, hasn’t spoken for years and he has never been in my car, much less driven it. This is clearly a false claim and I have my mother (I was with her all day) and documented driving history (I use an Automatic car adapter, which records every trip I take and shows zero activity on Christmas day). What should I be doing to protect myself here? So far, I've had 1 recorded conversation with an adjuster where I've shared the above, is there anything else I should be doing? Both of us have the same insurance company, so I'm concerned they'll lean towards moving forward with the claim.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You can file a police report, but it really is in your insurance carrier's hands.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/7/2017
Click to View More Answers: