If I was charged with shoplifting for the first time and the amont is about $70, can I get that off my record and how? 6 Answers as of February 14, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
Yes, but you most get a lawyer and get put in diversion. You end up without a crime and the matter is never filed.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 2/14/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
You should plead not guilty and get a lawyer. that person may be able to get a deal where you do not have the conviction on your record. This is important since what employer want to hire a thief?
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/14/2014
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
You will need to hire an attorney to represent you. An experienced attorney can get the charge dismissed or amended to a lesser offense, such as "Littering." Depending on which court this is in, you might not have to appear in court at all, but you will have to pay a fine and court costs.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 2/14/2014
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Ask for diversion.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 2/14/2014
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/14/2014
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You need to complete the terns of your sentence before you can expunge your record. If there is a diversion program, take it.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 2/14/2014
Click to View More Answers: