If I was charged with possession charges and a DUI what can happen next? 5 Answers as of August 21, 2015

I was just arrested for the first time. The police pulled me over, and found marijuana on me. I got charged with a DUI and possession of marijuana. Are the consequences severe for this? I had no record prior to this.

Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
Probation is most likely with some testing and treatment.
The consequences for a drug DUI are the same as those of an alcohol DUI. However, drug DUIs are much harder to prove, because there isn't a specific concentration that the state deems as impairment. With that said, you need to hire a DUI specialist, because by yourself the prosecutor simply won't budge.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
In MN you would be charged with a 4th Degree DUI offense and possession unless you have any aggravating circumstances to your case. This is a serious matter and you should seek representation asap. The max penalty for your case is 90 days in jail and/or a $1000 fine. Best of luck.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Yes, and you will be told to retain an attorney to represent you.
For your sake, please engage an attorney immediately to try to mitigate the damages which will result from your actions. If you are found guilty you will have a drug DUI and a drug possession charge on your permanent record. The driving charge is not expendable and will appear forever on the official record, and on the publicly available record for at least 10 years. The results which this will have on your future options is very significant. It is not just the immediate fines, costs, potential incarceration which is at stake.