If I was charged with forgery, what could happen to me? 5 Answers as of April 27, 2016

In my stupidity, I came across a check that had expired and changed the date and deposited. I have been charged with forgery. What can I be sentenced with? I'm divorced with 3 kids and very involve with my community.

Jail time is a good possibility. For how long will depend on the amount of the check, your criminal history, if any, and whether the District Attorney wants to charge you with a misdemeanor or felony. I strongly suggest that you retain the most experienced criminal defense attorney you can afford.
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
Probably no jail time if you have no prior record. Several hundred dollars worth of fines. Summary probation.
Very involved with the community, what does that mean? Prison is a community also? What does your being divorced have to do with anything? You are facing 10 years in prison. I recommend that you retain an attorney.
Depending on the amount of the check and whether you are charged with a felony, you could see jail time and have to repay the money. Being divorced with 3 kids and involved in the community only supports that you should have known better.
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If it is a first offense, you would likely get probation.