If I was charged with a felony in Michigan but now live in Washington can I have my felony expunged? 3 Answers as of June 17, 2011

i have gotten felony in michigan around 6 or 7 years ago i now live in washington can i have them removed? i am having problems getting the jobs i need with them on my record.

Law Office of James A Schoenberger
Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
You need to contact a Michigan attorney to inquire about expungement requirements there.
That would depend on Michigan Law. Depending on the law in that state, you may or may not need to return to Michigan to get the conviction expunged. You may even be able to obtain this information from the State of Michigan directly. I suggest you call the Department of Corrections in Michigan. They may be able to tell you what to expect.
Law Offices of John J. Lutgens
Law Offices of John J. Lutgens | John Lutgens
To have a Michigan matter expunged you will need to present your motion and order for expungement to the Michigan Court.