If I was caught stealing, will it be on my record? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2017

When I was 20 years old (I'm 22 now), I was out with some fraternity brothers and thought it would be a good idea to take a $7.50 bottle of wine. Needless to say, I was apprehended by the police, but never taking to jail. Instead, I was given a court date which I showed up at court and paid a hefty fine for. However, the main question I am getting at here is if there was a possibility this won't show up on my record. I can't remember exactly what deal my prosecutor gave me at the time because I was young and just wanted the situation dealt with so I signed some paperwork and paid my fine that day. However, about a year later, I applied for a job and had a background check done. l, but no criminal history showed up. Now, I applying for an HR Assistant position at a company I have been interning for and they will be doing a background check as well. I don't want to tell them what happened unless I absolutely know it will show up on my background check. Is there is any reason why this didn't show up. Could it be because I paid the fine and the bottle was so cheap?

You can do a criminal check yourself. It does not matter what the value is of the item stolen to be charged. It sounds like you either had a diversion or stipulation order of continuance. If either, your docket would show the charge and disposition. A background check would not show the charge or disposition.