If I was caught for possession of marijuana, will it go on my record? 1 Answers as of September 29, 2014

I was just caught smoking with some friends and got issued a $125 ticket for possession of a controlled substance. I am going to pay the ticket but will this go on my record? Could I lose my job? If it got out that this happened to me, could my job fire me? Will future employees be able to see this?

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
In Massachusetts, being caught with less than 1 ounce of marijuana is treated as a civil violation and a civil ticket is issued. This will not appear on a criminal history record (CORI) since it is NOT a criminal charge. However, even less than an ounce can be enough for a criminal charge of Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana if other indices of sales are found. Indices of sale include but are not limited to scale, baggies, cash that is not otherwise accounted for, individual packets that even together do not weigh once ounce and other things that would lead someone to believe that the marijuana was being illicitly sold. In this case, you say you were merely cited with a ticket so the short answer is NO, it will not go on your criminal record.