If I was born in Haiti but live in US for 18 years, I applied for a job but ask a proof if I am eligible to work in US, what proof should give? 1 Answers as of March 20, 2017

I am a child that was born in Haiti and right now I am a teenager and recently turned 18 I have the same type of social security card as my brother who is a US citizen by birth my entire family are US citizens besides the ones that still reside in Haiti. I just recently tried to get a job and I was told to show proof that I am eligible to work in the US and I just didn't know what to do I asked my mother if there was anything I could do she had no idea and I guess it never crossed her mind then I asked my grandfather to take me to an immigration attorney, this lady said there is no record of me in the US immigration system so for her to go through the residency process with me I am going to have to wait till at least 5 years before anything happens but the thing is I went to another lady she said I am technically a US citizen and it’s a simple process to get me the proper documentation which one of these ladies is correct? And which one should I go ahead and work with? I am 18 about to get my high school diploma and I want to apply to a good college and have a job so I can help out my family.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Without significantly more information it would be impossible to say which of the two immigration attorneys may be providing the best immigration legal advice. If you have confidence in one or both of those attorneys, then you should have a frank discussion about the advice provided and about the contrary advice made by the other attorney. Alternatively, you should select and engage an immigration attorney with whom you have confidence; that attorney, after learning all of the relevant information about your birth, your parents, any immigration-related applications that already may have been filed for you, etc., would be able to advise about immigration eligibilities, options and strategies and could offer legal representation in any application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: