If I was assaulted at work by a coworker and was fired and medical bills are being refused payment, what can I do? 2 Answers as of July 05, 2017

I am a 150 lb. 5'6 female and I was assaulted at work by a 260 lb. 6'2 male coworker. The incident happened due to the abuser and his friend (another coworker) bringing a person who doesn’t work there into the work area. The visitor placed her belongings on my work station preventing me to work so I moved her things and was assaulted for it. We were all terminated which I have no issue with, but my issue is the employer is refusing to compensate for my medical bills and they were the ones who forced me to see a second doctor at the employers normal clinic after I had already been seen at emergency (I was horribly injured) and so is workers compensation refusing payment claiming the assault was not work involved.

File a complaint with the police department of the city where the incident occurred. You may also file a workers compensation case, because the injury arose "out of the employment." The employer did not want to get into the "he said/she said" of how the incident happened, and that is why everyone got fired. That does NOT restrict your remedies.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
This is a valid workers compensation claim for an injury that you sustained in the course of employment. You need to contact an experienced workers compensation lawyer.