If I was arrested for retail fraud 3 degree, why do I have to show up at police station the morning of my court date? 2 Answers as of May 20, 2017

Let go from store on a PR bond. The court is next week. I have a clean record. I am 57 years old. I didn't scan all the items I had $43 worth of grocery stuff. They have me on video.

James Sterling Lawrence, Attorney at Law | James Sterling Lawrence
The purpose is probably to get your fingerprints and photo, which the courts need to proceed with your case. You are not required to answer questions when you go to the police station, other than your name, date of birth, and contact information.
You have to report to be booked and fingerprinted by the police prior to court. Very standard. You should hire a local attorney now to assist you through the process. You certainly don't need a theft conviction on your permanent record.