If I was af a diner and the waitress dropped a hot food in my lap, it caused significant pain and blister, do I have an injury case here? 1 Answers as of September 25, 2017

I was at diner two nights ago at a well known Italian chain restaurant. The waitress was in the process of putting my plate of good in front of me but dropped the food in my lap in the process. I instinctively picked the food up to get it off my lap and burnt a finger doing so, the food was so hot that it caused significant pain and caused a blister to form. The Manager arrived and supplied burn cream and a band aid.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
You may have a valid claim against the restaurant but the question is how much is it worth ? which will depend on the extent of the burn, any long term effects, etc. You might want to contact the restaurant and ask them to cover any medical bills and or otherwise compensate you. They likely then would refer the matter to their business insurer.