If I was acquitted of a DWI charge, can I be reimbursed for attorney fees? 1 Answers as of November 30, 2012

The state trooper that arrested me and testified against me in court had to admit on the stand the my driving was absolutely impeccable at the time of my arrest. He said he only arrested me because my boyfriend mouthed off to him. I was arrested at the scene, taken to the jail ran by the Sheriff's Office at which I was beat up in jail by female captain (she was exonerated). I feel there should be some action. I should be able to take if in fact the trooper wrongfully arrested me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
No, unfortunately not. It's very hard to sue the government.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 11/30/2012
Click to View More Answers: