If I want to sign temporary custody of my son to his older brother, what papers do I need to do this? 8 Answers as of February 08, 2016

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
A notarized statement should be sufficient. Be aware that the temporary agreement might become permanent under the right circumstances, especially depending upon the amount of time and the reason for it; plus subsequent events.
Ankerholz and Smith
Ankerholz and Smith | Rian F. Ankerholz
If the older brother is an adult, a Durable Power of Attorney and Appointment of Guardian can be used. It should be drafted by a lawyer. However, there are dangers in using such a document. For example, if you are in a situation where child custody may become contested, then the Durable Power of Attorney and Appointment of Guardian document could be used against you to argue that you have been unwilling or unable to care for your younger child. Consult an experienced family law attorney before taking any action.
Check with an experienced family law attorney in your locality. In some places, a parent or guardian can give power of attorney to another adult for a temporary period. State laws vary.
GordenLaw, LLC
GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
If the older brother is at least nineteen years of age (the age of majority in Nebraska), you can sign a Temporary Delegation of Parental Powers on the form provided by the Nebraska Supreme Court on their pro se web site. This can be revoked at any time and does not supersede your parental powers - simply also grants authority to the brother. The delegation cannot last longer than 6 months, but you can sign another Temporary Delegation when the 6 months expires. Best wishes!
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
You would need to establish guardianship in your older son.
    The first question that must be asked is whether not the biological mother consents to this arrangement. If your other son is an adult and mature enough, a petition for temporary guardianship would be the appropriate procedure assuming the biological mother consents to placement.
    The Law Offices of Mandy J. McKellar
    The Law Offices of Mandy J. McKellar | Mandy J. McKellar
    That would require a guardianship.
    Peggy M. Raddatz
    Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
    You can do a voluntary guardianship. I suggest consulting a family law attorney first.