If I want to sell a vehicle that my ex wife is driving but car is in my name, how do I do that? 1 Answers as of October 12, 2017

How can I sell the vehicle as I don't want her driving around and damaging my family property until divorce goes through. She refuses to give it to me. Is it legal to put it into someone else's name so police can get involved and get my vehicle back. As I know, police won't do a thing as long as it is family property.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
GordenLaw, LLC
GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
Your only remedy while the divorce is pending would be to file a Motion with the court for temporary possession of the vehicle. If the car was yours premaritally you have a better chance of this being granted. While you are married, however, you are both still responsible for the necessities of life, including things like shelter and basic transportation. However, if you are separated and something happens due to her negligence, you will have an opportunity to argue she should be solely responsible at the final hearing.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 10/12/2017
Click to View More Answers: