If I want to marry my Filipina girlfriend in Israel, what papers do I need to file? 4 Answers as of April 27, 2015

My girlfriend is Filipina and I am American. She works in Israel. What papers I need to file so we can get married in Israel?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You are going to have to consult Israeli laws in order to see what it will take for you two to be united in matrimony. When you get around to petitioning her to come back to the United States and live here, then you will want to speak with the American Embassy or Consulate in Israel.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/27/2015
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Contact the Israeli Embassy or Consulate. Their marriage law is controlling.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/27/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
The laws of Israel (not U.S. immigration laws) would dictate needed papers and procedures for a wedding to be conducted there. With extremely limited exceptions, a wedding recognized as valid where the wedding took place will be recognized as valid for U.S. immigration application legal purposes. It would be wise for you and your fianc?e to consult with a U.S. immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant details about you and your fianc?e, could advise you about immigration-related eligibilities, options and strategies. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge. [Note: This communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/24/2015
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You will have to check with the Israeli authorities.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/24/2015
Click to View More Answers: