If I walk away from the home now and let it go to foreclosure, can or will the foreclosure be reported on my credit report now? 8 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I filed Bankruptcy, chapter 7, over 3 years ago, and never reaffirmed my mortgage. It shows discharged on my credit report. If I walk away from the home now and let it go to foreclosure, can or will the foreclosure be reported on my credit report now?

That would be a yes.
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
Yes, the foreclosure is a separate legal proceeding against the property which will be reported as a public record on your credit report.
Whether the foreclosure will show up on your consumer credit report will depend on whether the foreclosure proceeds through the judicial process or by notice only. If by judicial process, then it will show as a public record. But you are missing the point if you think that a consumer credit report is the be all & end all regarding your credit. Any mortgage company you approach for a loan will know about your foreclosure whether it appears on your consumer credit report or not because mortgage lenders investigate your financial history in other ways. In short, the truth will come out and you have to live with it.
No, it can never be shown on your credit again, however, you may want to do a short sale rather than walk away so the house is out of your name.
That is a good question. Mom not sure I know the answer. I believe it should remain "discharged in bankruptcy". I'm not a true expert on credit reporting. There are such lawyers on the net.
    Yes, the foreclosure will show up. To protect your credit, do a short sale or a deed in lieu
    The foreclosure is a separate credit event from the bankruptcy discharge. Therefore the lender can report the foreclosure now even though it occurs years after the bankruptcy discharge.
    Marc S. Stern
    Marc S. Stern | Marc S. Stern
    It probably gets reported as a new foreclosure. If you walk away, they can't assert a deficiency.