If I visit the states can my husband make my daughter stay? Posted on May 23, 2011

I'm a New Zealand Citizen but became a US citizen in 2006. I left my husband in Illinois in 2006 while pregnant and had my daughter in New Zealand. We have been here for 5 years, my daughter is also a NZ citizen and US citizen. We are not divorced or legally separated but have been apart (in different countries) for 5 years. We have no custody agreement. If we go over to visit can my estranged husband stop my daughter from leaving the US to come back to NZ where we live?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: