If I took money from my family and my father will not press charge against me, but still not cops arrested me, what can he do to drop the charges? 1 Answers as of June 16, 2017

I got arrested and I told my family I was going to pay back the money I took which was for baby necessities. This is my first offense the cop was there but still arrested me even though my father said he wasn’t pressing charges, lied and told my family I was getting out later that night I went to jail got bailed out the next day I spoke with a detective who told me I had to go to court. I am being charged for grand theft even though my dad isn’t pressing charges and just wants me to pay it back. My question is what he can do to drop charges or what to do so I am not convicted over something we had already discussed when the cop showed up to my house. He said I had to be taken to jail because he made the report.

It doesn't work like that. Prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all family cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. Don't confuse the civil case between you and your parent with the criminal case in court between you and the state.