If I testify to this, can I be charged with felony possession of delude? 11 Answers as of April 15, 2013

My best friend was charged with felony possession of one delude pill that was found in her hoodie pocket. My mother is very ill and we clean her house, fix her meals, administer her medicine, etc. While vacuuming, I found the pill on the floor. I put it in the hoodie pocket that I was wearing until I was finished and then I planned on putting it back in the bottle. I completely forgot about the pill, so, when the police found it in her pocket, she honestly didn't know how it had gotten there, and at the time, I completely forgot, as well. My mom does have a script for the delude.

William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Apart from whether the prosecution believes you is whether a jury would believe you, and what exposure you have to being charged and prosecuted. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
Speak to her lawyer.
If you testify to the story, you and your mother can be charged.
It sounds like an innocent reason for having it. You were not keeping it and simply forgot to put it where it belonged in the bottle. I think the police would have an uphill battle trying to convict you of anything since it was an innocent possession.
Boyack Christiansen & Chambers, PLLC | Travis Christiansen
Maybe, it is going to depend on your record and the prosecutor.
    You should make sure your sister is represented by a defense lawyer, and you should be ready to testify in her behalf, as a witness to state what exactly happened. You will need proof of the script for your mother, as well. If you sister is not able to afford counsel, you should instruct her to ask for a public defender.
    If you explain the circumstances as you put it in your question, there should not be any charges for either party.
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
    Your friend's defense is called "unwitting possession" and you need to come forward with the whole story, including your mother's Rx. Not likely you would be charged if the truth were known.
    You have defined a possible defense, your best friend needs an attorney and you as a witness.
    You may be charged with it. I would talk with the attorney involved to see if that will help.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    She better get a great lawyer.