If I start a business here, can I use it to adjust my status? 3 Answers as of September 22, 2014

I've been out of status since fall 2009, but not unlawfully present, because my I-94 is stamped D/S. Are there any requirements for the business to qualify capital/income wise? Thank you.

You must invest between $500,000 and $1,000,000 and employ a proportionate number of people.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You will not be able to become "legal" in the US based on employment or investment without leaving the country.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
There is no easy, smooth process for one to sponsor themselves by their own business, unless it's the million dollar investment visa. While it certainly can be done, it's very complex and will have issues that can derail it due to self-sponsorship. And, to adjust through business immigration, a person must be in legal status, typically.