If I signed a settlement six weeks ago, how long does it take to receive my check? 3 Answers as of August 28, 2015

Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
6 weeks is on the long end of getting the net money to you; however, sometimes the attorneys or the insurer simply put the required mailings of the documents "in line" for processing, and depending on the volume @ each office, things can take longer than you'd expect. You should get with your attorney and ask him/her to call the defense to see if the process can't be finalized in short order. To avoid these type of delays it's always best if there is an agreement as part of any resolution on a specific time frame to receive the settlement monies.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
The settlement check is usually not ordered until the defense received the settlement agreement. So the real date you are waiting from is the day it was ordered. Ask your lawyer.
It depends on if there are liens to pay back, because sometimes it takes forever to get the lien information.